Thursday, October 30, 2008

Salsa Classes

Playing board games can get boring sometimes, so I decided to spice things up a little bit in my games Life Club at EF and I started teaching a salsa class (inspired by my roommate, Shanghai dance class). The past couple of weeks have been a blast and a constant source of humor as students break the ice and cut a rug together.

As I clap my hands together, "1,2,3...5,6,7," the class of 16 people start shaking their hips and moving their feet -- sometimes in sync and sometimes not. The music's beat and mass movement of bodies draws onlookers to the glass windows that shape the room. Perhaps their jealous of the smooth moves, or perhaps they just pity our collective ineptitude at dancing. Either way, after 50 minutes of cultural adventure into Latin culture, we leave the room sweaty and smiling!

No comments: