Saturday, August 9, 2008

Working Late & Olympic Party

Working Late. It's 2:15 am. I just finished the final touches on my entrepreneurship class that I will teach tomorrow, kicking off an 11-week exploration into the wild world of starting your own business. I've advertised this class for the past couple of weeks. It's fully booked and students said they are standing by to try and get a seat. I'm really excited about this course and I can feel the energy that the students have about the topic.

The late nights are becoming common. In fact, it's rare for me to leave before 11:30 pm because I usually stay late to prepare for this entrepreneurship class or read about business. For the first time in my working life, which is admittedly short, I truly enjoy what I do and I feel "in the zone" at work.
----------
Olympic Party. Last night was the opening ceremony of the Olympics in Beijing. I didn't have any plans set in stone, so I decided at the last minute to throw a party at the flat. Twenty people packed into the flat and surrounded the TV. Beer was consumed, Olympics were watched, salsa was danced, and hang-overs were had. All in all, a fabulous night with friends!





No comments: